Saturday, January 7, 2012

Waipio Valley, Day 4

Today was our day to wake up and head to our ATV tour of Waipio Valley. I decided to play it safe, warm, and dry and ride in the mule with one of the tour guides while my husband took part in the muddy crazyness the trails had to offer. The views of the valley were beautiful and one of our guides was one of only 75 farmers that live and farm in the valley and had some great stories to tell. This valley is where a lot of movies have been filmed; movies such as Waterworld (where they find land) and most recently Predator. I do have to say I think we would have seen more of the valley if we had taken the horseback riding tour (I think we'll have to do that next time). After getting back into signal we got a call saying our sunset sail was canceled due to the high winds…boo. So we watched the sunset at the hotel and then headed all the way into Kona for dinner and beers at Kona Brewing Company. 

where the Kings children use to play

one of the largest waterfalls in the state


1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. :)
    I will have to visit the Big Island someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...