Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sin City


So this past weekend we took my little (well not so much anymore) brother to Las Vegas for his 21st birthday. I decided to do this for him because when I was in college I never really got him anything great for Christmas or his birthday since I didn’t really have money to spend…So I guess I was trying to make it up to him. This would also be my husband's first trip to Sin City. I booked the trip online at aaa.com and got pretty nice deal (or I'd like to think); we got 2 round trip flights and a stay at the Bellagio for 2 nights for $1200. The Bellagio is nice and in a great location right in the middle of the strip. My only complaint was I had ordered my brother a birthday cake and it arrived about 45 minutes late, the wrong flavor and they didn’t give us any forks! When we called to see where it was at they said it was on the way and would be there any second…it was there about 10-15 minutes later so I am thinking they forgot. Of course we didn’t have to pay for it.

For our first night there I had bought a groupon for a Club Party Tour. We got on a party bus and went from club to club and had free drinks on the bus (good things because drinks were crazy expensive!). We left that scene before the tour was over because it's not really our thing. The next day we woke up and headed across the street to the Mile Mall (Planet Hollywood) to get breakfast and bring some back for my brother before we headed to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, famous from the TV show Pawn Stars. Sad to say that the "Pawn Stars" weren’t there…that was a waste of $40 cab ride. Then they guys did some gambling and I took a nap because all the cigarette smoke everywhere was giving me a HUGE headache! Then we just wondered around before dinner at Serendipity 3 at Caesar's Palace and it was sooooo good! I was so excited to eat there because I wasn’t able to go to the original the last time I went to NYC. The food was good and so was the dessert! YUM! Then we decided to go see Peep Show staring Holly Madison, to be honest she really had nothing to do with the show, she seemed very shy and nervous and you're pretty much paying just to see her topless.

After that it was off to bed to check out and catch our flight in the morning. Vegas is always a city for a quick trip away; hope you had a great birthday little Bro!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...