Friday, August 8, 2014

No More Meals on Shorter First Class Flights

American airlines, along with US Airways, has decided to discontinue full meals on flights less than three hours for first class passengers.

1 hour or Less: Your snack will be packaged
1 to 2 hours: Your snack will come in a basket
Up to 2 hrs 45 mins: Your snack basket will be enhanced with fruit, breads, or sandwiches and other packaged snacks


{Lufthansa Business Class, Paris to Frankfurt}

{United Business Class, Houston to Chicago}
For me, one of the best things about first class is that I get some food prepared on a cute little tray with tiny salt and pepper shakers. Now you’re telling me that I have to fork over all this money for a comfortable seat and I won’t even get a hot meal?!?! WTF?!?! Where is the humanity?! (I’m only half joking here…seriously, you pay A LOT for first class). Luckily, I am a United flyer and don’t have to deal with this…YET.

American is keeping full meals on some of their routes that are frequented by business travelers. Flights to and from Dallas-Fort Worth to Chicago O’Hare, Chicago to New York’s LaGuardia and JFK, and Boston, Denver, Raleigh-Durham, and Washington’s Reagan National.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...