Monday, June 29, 2015

Motherhood Monday ~ Things Not to Say to a Pregnant Woman

As you can see, I am trying to get back into the swing of things on this little blog of mine and get back to posting 3 times a week. This post was originally written for April 20th but that is the morning I went into labor so it never got posted. I didn't want the post to go to waste so here are a few things not to say to a pregnant woman:

You can google and find endless lists of things not to say to pregnant woman but the truth is someone is going to say something that is still going to offend you...even if its just a little. Here are a few I have I heard:

1 - How many do you have in there?! - I have one, yes one and I know I am HUGE! I don't need you to point it out for me.

2 - You look miserable. - Awe, thank you! You're so sweet! I know I look tired, again, you don't need to point that out.

3 - How much weight have you put on? - Jesus, are you eff-ing kidding me with that question?!?

I know I look different then my normal size 4/6 self, you don't need to point that out to me. I also know I look like I have beach ball under shirt, you SO don't need to point that out to me too. And I'm not sure what is worse, when these comments come from people you know or complete strangers. 

The truth is, is that everyone looks different and everyone's pregnancy is going to look and be different. Just google 35 weeks pregnant and see all the different sizes women can be. 

{Ladies, we all look great!; Source: Google: 35 weeks pregnant}
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...