Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Airline Bias


Do you have a preferred airline? We do, we like United (well I liked Continental but we all know what happened there) and they have a hub in Houston so it is really convenient for us. However when planning our first trip to Hawaii in 2011 our vacation package was substantially less if we went with American Airlines. So we flew American. Here are my thoughts on American… the seats were noticeably more uncomfortable and on the flight back the flight attendant was one of the worst ever! There was a family with a baby and toddler and the toddler was really upset and crying. The dad asked the flight attendant if he could have a pillow and blanket for the kid and she rudely said, "for $7!" Since when does a pillow and blanket cast money on a flight? And she said a few more rude comments before he asked for her name to which she responded, "We're not allowed to give our names, you can call me flight staff #2 on flight …" um, not allowed to give your names PLEASE! The 1st class attended had a name tag on…what a bitch! I felt so bad for them.

I have read so many bad things about American since then. Including this mess up with Kristin Chenoweth when a attendant yelled at her for traveling with her pet, even though she had all the paperwork and paid for the pet to fly. She the article here.

You can also read here why American Airlines was ranked number 7 on the Top 10 Hated Companies in America.

Whats your preferred airline?


2 comments:

  1. My favorite airline is Jet Blue. All planes have leather seats, the leg room is good and the first checked bag is free. Also, Jet Blue doesn't overbook flights like other airlines. Last year, I took Jet Blue for all my 5 trips. This past month, I flew American Airlines for the first time in 2 years. I took AA to Miami (Jet Blue doesn't go there). It was awful. The seats were so uncomfortable and very little leg room. I have arthritis in my knees and one knee stiffened up after only an hour on the plane. On my next trip to Miami, I will fly Jet Blue to Fort Lauredale. Another good thing about JB is that if the airfare goes down, they will give you a credit of the difference good on a future flight- I'm not sure if other airlines do this. Unfortunately, they don't fly to Hawii:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about Jet Blue (comfort and price wise), they do fly to our smaller airport here in Houston but then everything is routed back to NYC (ie: Houston-NYC-St. Maarten)so it doesn't work for us. However, that airport will be opening up their new international wing in 2015 and I am hoping Jet Blue will fly directly from Houston to the Caribbean!

      Thanks for the comment and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...