Yahoo! Travel has a series called Confessions of a Flight Attendant and I love it! This week’s article was over the 15 most ridiculous things people say on a plane and some of them you won’t believe! Here are some of the funnier ones; you can read all of them here.
1. “Do they pay for your hotel rooms?” I love this one. Can you imagine if the whole crew was staying in different places and the junior people were grabbing a park bench to sleep on, or couch surfing in their uniforms? Yes, the airline pays for hotels and arranges transportation to and from the hotel. Otherwise, every flight would be late while we figured out where so and so was staying.
2. Where are the lines between the states? You would be surprised how many people think there are actual lines between the states like on a map.
3. On night flights we will go through the cabin with trays of orange juice and water. Passengers will look at the tray and say: “Which one is the orange juice and which is the water?”
4. “When do I change the time on my watch or will it change itself as we go?”
5. “I don’t mean to scare you, but something out there has been following us for hours!” It’s the light on the wing.
6. It takes years before you realize you can answer people’s questions with the wrong answer and they never know the difference. When they ask what river they are looking at, I always say Mississippi—no matter where we are in the country.
7. What country is Hawaii in?
8. We point to where the bathroom is and the passenger just stands there. I’ll point to it again and they will say “it’s vacant.” They have no idea what the word vacant means, I guess we really shouldn't use such fancy words like vacant.
9. “Have we landed yet?”
10. “How do I move my seat forward?”
11. “When did you guys start wearing uniforms?”
12. On the customs and immigration form it says: Sex M-F. Passengers will ask if it means how many times they have sex Monday to Friday!!!