Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Surprise!

 
So I dropped a pretty big bomb on Facebook Monday, I announced that we are expecting! That's right, I am pregnant. I still think its weird to say. I have debated on when to "let the world know" and if I wanted to post it on this blog or create another blog more focused on prgnancy and family. I'm still not sure what I'll do. But I will share a little with you now.
 
As Elizabeth Banks' character in What to Expect When You're Expecting says, "...pregnancy sucks. Making a human being is really hard." If you have or had an easy, no muss, no fuss prgnancy thank baby Jesus and your lucky stars! Back in week 9, after 4 weeks of hellish morning sickness, we had to take a trip to the ER because I knew I was on my way to dehydration. After our 5 hour stay there the doctor diagnosed me with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (which is what Duchess Catherine had). Word to the wise, don't Google that over lunch. The doctor suggested some modifications in my nausea meds and prenatal vitamins and things seemed to get a little better.
 
Being so sick made having the type of pregnancy I wanted impossible (and hard to get excited about). I wanted to be fit and keep up with my workouts. I wanted to drink healthy fruit smoothies instead of binging on carbs... But like I said, that all went out the window a week after I found out I had a human growing inside me. If I could keep anything down it was carbs (bread and potato chips and crackers).
 
After our trip to the ER, the following weekend we told my parents and then the weekend after that we told my husband's parents. Of course I wanted to include our dogs in the reveal so I bought them the cutest shirts.
 
{they aren't the best models}
Shortly after letting our parents know, around weeks 10-12, I was entering that awkward phase where none of my pants would really fit anymore because I had a little bump right where I needed to button my pants. After trying to just go up a size and not liking how that looked and felt I went ahead and bought some maternity clothes. I tried the cheaper ones at Target first and those were so ill fitting I didn't know what to do. I finally headed into a maternity store and asked for help - HUGE difference in the fit and quality of clothes, especially the jeans (which is what I need for work).
 
A week before Thanksgiving we found out we are expecting a little baby girl! We are so excited and it brings the pregnancy to a whole new level. We are going to have a daughter... whoa! It's crazy to think about.

{I have 7-8 pairs of these so it was only fitting I get her a pair too}
I am into my second trimester and almost to the half-way point. I have had my fair share of pregnancy symptoms like the morning sickness, fatigue, nose bleeds, peeing all the time, and pregnancy brain (leaving the full half gallon of milk out on the counter all day and putting clothes on inside out just to name a few). I did have my first pregnancy travel experience this past weekend and I'll share that with you coming up in the next few posts.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...