Saturday, March 30, 2013

First Quarter Goal Update


Can you believe that March is over?!?! Where has all the time gone? Remember when you were in elementary school and it seemed like it took FOREVER for summer break or any holiday. And now as an adult it just seems like time flies! Here is my quarterly 2013 Goals Update for ya!

The Blog List
·   Reach 250 page views a month (I know that’s not a lot compared to some of you bigger bloggers out there) Nov '12-279 views-4 posts; Dec'12-325 views-11 posts (clearly the more posts I make the more views I get). Done
    • Jan - 513 views
    • Feb - 584 views
    • Mar - 494 views (3/30/13)
·   Start my new series, Extreme Travelers (monthly post) 3 down 9 to go
·   Continue the Travel RoundUp series (monthly Post) 3 down 9 to go
·   Let you get to know me on a new Pinspiration post. This will be where I can show you some of the small projects I work on around the house from ideas that I get from Pinterest. 3 down 9 to go - How do y'all like this addition? I also added UnderBite where I post pictures of my bulldogs once a month.
·   Travel to one of these places this year: Chicago, Washington DC, or Niagara Falls
·   Use a Groupon Getaway --- (doubt this will happen)
·   Invest in my blog. I found this other Blog – here – and he will help you design your blog to your taste and linking instead of using the templates they provide you. Done - How do you like the new layout?

Personal

{Tracking my weight!}

·   Lose weight (isn't that on everyone's list?) Between my 2011 and 2012 doctor visits I gained 8 pounds! UGH! I am on some medication that could be causing some of it but I'm not 100% sure. I took action and started Weight Watchers on 12/8/12, goal is to be between 123 -125. So far I am down 14 lbs and counting! I plan to stay on WW for 6 months I think and then just keep the habits on my own. We'll see. I seem to be at a standstill between 128-130 lbs which has always been my plateau so I am interested to see if WW can help me get over it.  (p.s. when I think about food now I think about how many points it has!)


{Weight Watchers!!!}

·   Read more, I'm 26 years old and the only "real" books I have read have been the Twilight series (don’t judge). Books that I had to read for school would literally go in one ear and out the other and I probably didn't read the whole thing either. Like The Great Gatsby is about to come out as a movie and I had to read it in high school but I could honestly say I really don’t know what it's about :-/ SO…my dad bought a book for me for Christmas and my goal is to read that. Haven't started yet and don’t see me doing this for a while…that part of our belongings is already packed up for our impending move.
·   Travel to one of these places this year: Chicago, Washington DC, or Niagara Falls
·   Take our baby pup, Coco, to Galveston to see how she likes the water We'll do this when it warms up just a bit more
·   Save one entire paycheck! We need to save for a new house and our trip to Thailand! Still keeping this up too!

How are your 2013 goals going?


1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I don't set goals for myself... I'm pretty much afraid of failure. I always hated in school when teachers made me set goals on the first day. Worst thing ever(!) which is why I never had my students do that.
    Anyway, I definitely would not read The Great Gatsby as your first "grown up" book. I recent read it for book club and it wont grab you until close to halfway thru. And don't worry - I didn't remember anything about it from HS either :) I can give you plenty of suggestions that will get you going if you're interested! I added you to my blog roll so maybe that can increase your numbers a bit (even though I don't have the best of numbers myself). Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...