Thursday, May 30, 2013

Most Crowded Airports in the US

The airport can (and usually is) the worst part of traveling. You have to deal with crowds of people and long lines that at sometimes seem to stand still. When I travel I get into what I call "airport mode" and I walk about 10x faster than usual and I am on high alert! I start taking all my stuff of to go through security as soon as I get in line (an I wish others would do the same). 

Here are the top ten most crowded airports in the US (most are airline hubs)

1 - Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta International Airport
2 - Charlotte Douglas International Airport
3 - Los Angeles International Airport - Had a layover here when flying to Hawaii, thought taking the tram was going to be a problem but it wasn't. We made our flight with time to spare!
4 - Chicago O'Hare International Airport
5 - Seattle - Tacoma International Airport
6 - McCarran International Airport - I have never had a problem here, employees are trained for large crowds
7 - Denver International Airport
8 - San Francisco International Airport
9 - Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
10 - Newark Liberty International Airport - Again, this airport's employees are trained for crowds


Have you ever had to change planes at any of these airports? Have a story about it? Share!


2 comments:

  1. DENVER! Our 9am flight was canceled which sucked because all flights into New Orleans were booked. All other options would get us to NOLA the next day, which was not an option as Luke had work, or to fly into an airport 80 miles away and drive a rental at 11pm, which then led to us driving the extra hour home after picking up our vehicle at the airport. Luckily, we were refunded the FULL amount for both of our flights rather than for the rental.
    It is difficult to complain about that experience though because there was a group of 30 flying to NOLA for a cruise that was leaving that afternoon. Well, all but 4 old ladies were part of the same cruise group. And all but those 4 old ladies were put on another flight immediately. So rude! I don't understand why they couldn't fit those extra four ladies. When we boarded our flight at 6pm, they were still sitting waiting. It just broke my heart, and still does to this day when I think about it! You know they saved up for this trip of a lifetime with their besties :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that does sound pretty bad! I have seen that happen before to cruise goers. My best advice to them is to travel a few days before the cruise departure. Not everyone is lucky enough to live near a port!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...